On August 4th, Amazon published a press release announcing the impending launch of Amazon Sweden. On August 11th, Amazon sent an email to sellers with more details about what to expect with the new marketplace.
In this email to sellers, Amazon stated that Amazon Sweden will be available within EU Seller Central accounts as Seller Central Sweden. All Professional Selling fees and referrals fees will stay the same with this expansion.
The email also outlined how products currently in Amazon’s European Seller Central will synchronize to Seller Central Sweden. Amazon has created the Build International Listings (BIL) tool to automate and accelerate this process. If a seller does not wish to have his or her listings synchronized, they must override it manually. Amazon notes that products subject to the Swedish Chemical Tax will be excluded.
It is uncertain when Amazon Sweden will launch. In January of this year, Amazon sent a similar announcement for Amazon Netherlands, which was publicly launched in March. If Amazon maintains a similar timeline for Sweden, we could see the marketplace publicly launch in October, though an official date has not yet been released. In the meantime, Amazon asks sellers to go into their EU Seller Central account and check to ensure all of their product listings are synchronized accurately.
If you’re interested in expanding your brand to Sweden, we can provide a full suite of Amazon services for marketing, brand protection, logistics, and more.
Amazon’s Email Announcement to Sellers
“Dear Selling Partner,
We are pleased to announce that we have started the work to launch the Swedish Amazon.se Store, to delight local customers and give Selling Partners the opportunity to expand their European business even further.
Seller Central Sweden will soon be available to you as a seventh country option in your EU Seller account. With the same monthly Professional Selling fees and referral fees, you can access all seven European Amazon Stores.
To support you with the expansion of your business, we will synchronize your eligible product selection with your Seller Central account for Amazon.se. You will be notified via email once Seller Central Sweden is available and the synchronization is complete. You can then revise your synchronized selection.
How will we synchronize the existing product selection:
- We will enable the Build International Listings (BIL) tool in Seller Central, which allows us to list your eligible existing products from your Home Marketplace on Amazon.se on your behalf, to save you valuable time. You can edit the BIL connection between the Seller Central accounts of your choice afterwards at any time here by clicking “remove connection”.
- Please note: When the BIL tool is active, it will regularly synchronize your existing listings and prices for all linked Seller Central accounts. Please check your preferred tool settings here after the synchronization is complete.
- The product descriptions will automatically be translated to Swedish, using BIL’s Machine Translation functionality.
What product selection will be synchronized?
- We will synchronize your eligible selection which is currently exportable to Sweden and prices that are active on Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de. For your self-fulfilled listings, we will synchronize your prices from your BIL source marketplace, adjusted for exchange rate* to Swedish Krona.
- For your Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) Pan-European FBA (Pan-EU) listings, we will take into account:
- VAT differences between BIL source marketplace and Sweden. Example: If you are selling a product on Amazon.de for 10.00€, we will synchronize the product price on Amazon.se as SEK 114.5, taking the VAT differences in Germany (16%) and Sweden (25%) into account.
- Fulfilment fee differences between your BIL source marketplace and Sweden.
- You will be able to benefit from the Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) and Pan-European FBA (Pan-EU) programs with domestic fees and offer your products to local customers. You can find the promotional fees that are valid until June 31st, 2021 here.
*The BIL tool adjusts prices periodically to reflect currency conversion fluctuations in the target marketplaces’ currencies. The frequency of these updates might vary from daily to weekly. These updates will not show changes of less than 1%.
Please note: If you are selling Consumer Electronics, we will not synchronize products that will become subject to the Swedish Chemical Tax that is expected to become effective in Sweden from 1st of October, 2020. We will provide you with more information in the upcoming weeks. Please reach out to your tax adviser for additional information.
What you need to do:
- In the next few weeks, we will notify you via email once the product synchronization is complete. Check here under Account Notifications, if your email address for important Technical Notifications and Business Updates is still up to date.
- Check your synchronized listings and prices under Manage Inventory in Seller Central.
- If you are already using the Build International Listings (BIL) tool, you can edit the connection between the Amazon Stores of your choice and prevent product listings from synchronizing here at any time. If you wish to opt-out from selling on Amazon.se, click here to “remove connection”.
- If you are not using the BIL tool yet, we will activate it on your behalf to synchronize your selection to Amazon.se. You can edit and remove the BIL connection here afterwards.
- Once Amazon.se launches, your listings will become available to our local customers from the start of the new Amazon Store.”
Stay Up-to-Date with Amazon Services
We have a growing library of resources about Amazon services, including other blog posts, whitepapers, eBooks, podcasts, and more. Subscribe to our weekly blog to never miss a beat!
- How Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) Works - June 17, 2021
- Amazon Strategy Guide: Creating a Unified SEO & Sponsored Ads Amazon Strategy - April 13, 2021
- Amazon Dropshipping 101: How to Dropship on Amazon - November 9, 2020